LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. We are gaining a son in law!! A week ago tonight, Mary Lee's boyfriend Alex proposed while they were with his family in Florida. (He was going to propose on Saturday night, but couldn't wait.) So this is a very exciting time!
I love a solitaire diamond and think it has a classic appeal that never goes out of style.
2. My dad was able to go to church this Wednesday night, for the first time in over 10 weeks! Three hospitalizations during that time really took it out of him. It was good to see him walking in and so many people greeting him.
3. I got out of school a little early today. My entire last period class was signed out early because of the junior-senior banquet tonight (which will be very nice), so I got everything done and was able to leave.
4. This towel is a gift from a student. It's been a running joke for the sophomores since early in their freshman year, when one of their vocabulary words was "vintage." As I was explaining the meaning of it, which included something about it meaning something older, and yet with value - I heard a stage whisper from one of the boys - "Vintage. Mrs. Bailes." And it has come up several times to great laughter since then. So when one of the girls found this in a gift shop, she had her mother buy it for me. Classic! It's hanging in my classroom right now, but I will bring it home this summer.
5. New stove installed Monday, all the wallpaper stripped, new bathtubs installed, tiler coming in early May. We are making progress on our home update.