Friday, December 12, 2008

The Week Flew By

The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas just fly by, there is so much going on. This week was no exception.

UP - Mike and I went out to eat tonight and it was delicious.

UP - I've got the ornament-painting box out yet and love relaxing by painting. It's a once-a-year thing to do but I really do enjoy it, even if just for a few minutes in the evening.

UP - I got some pictures made at Walgreens and found out how much fun it is to play with the kiosk in the photo department.

DOWN - Mary Lee learned the meaning of a bad economy this week - teen jobs are usually the first to go. The jewelry store where she's been working just didn't have the business to support her.

UP - I finally got 30 chemistry tests on gas laws graded. They took forever.

UP - We filled up my gas tank, which was on empty, for $27. Who would have ever thought that that kind of price would ever return.

DOWN - The animal control officer came by this week. Ginger was not only loose, she picked that moment to run in the road (which she rarely does) which made her a "nuisance animal" according to the law. Fortunately he did not cite us but said he would next time. She is permanently tethered now. Does anyone know a place with a fenced-in yard and people who would spend time with her, who would like a beautiful collie for free?

DOWN - I also got stopped by a cop last Sunday night. To make a long story short - I've been driving on an expired tag since August. For some reason which neither of us can figure out, we just filed away the new sticker and registration when they came in the mail last summer. I went to traffic court and they erased the fine on payment of $30 court costs.

UP - I helped Mrs. Brown do the drama part of the elementary program last night, and it turned out really nice. On the program she called me the "drama director," which was laughable - I did maybe 10% of the work. "Director" was very kindly overstated.

UP - Did I mention Mike took me out to eat tonight?

No comments: