Friday, January 1, 2010

Antiquing Friend

One other thing about the lady podiatrist: When Mike heard that the foot doctor Andrew was going to was a lady, he said "Find out if she's the one that used to be friends with my dad." Well, since his dad retired 25 years ago I thought it was probably a long shot.
--
She appeared to be in her 60s so I said, "When did you start practicing here in town, and did you know . . .?" She broke into a big smile and said "Yes! He and I were antiquing buddies!" She was so glad to share and compare memories of him and his clocks and other antiques, and I was glad for Andrew to hear someone's memories of his grandfather who passed away when Andrew was six years old.

1 comment:

Lizupatree said...

That is so cool! I remember him and his antiquing quests. And I remember all of his clocks with fondness. Oh how I loved those clocks. I'd give anything to have one of his old clocks. :) That is so wonderful to find an old friend of his! What are the chances?!