Sunday, January 17, 2010

"It was worth it. . .so she could live life her own way." ??

I found an obituary clipping from three years ago in a drawer. At first I wondered why I'd clipped it - it's no one we know - but after re-reading it discovered why. I saved it because of a comment written about this woman. She died at age 64, and here's what her obituary says:

"She died of lung cancer, but took pride in smoking. She wanted all to know that it was worth it just so she could live life her own way. She faced death bravely, and passed away without pain. She was remarkable for her lavish style."

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

2 comments:

rk2 said...

The last statement is just making me laugh--especially when I think about how you read so much.

Barbara H. said...

I agree! How silly to take pride in doing that which is going to kill you.