Friday, July 3, 2020

Friday's Fave Five 7-3-2020

 LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog

I haven't done FFF for awhile.  Most of it can be related back to my busy-ness with the first thing on my list:

1. Blueberries.  Blueberries.  Blueberries.  Blueberries.  Blueberries.
We have a dozen blueberry bushes on our farm.  The season was over before we closed on the property last summer, so we didn't know what we were in for.  So far we have gotten over 30 GALLONS of berries!  This past Monday Mike and I picked 6 gallons, just the two of us!! That is about 6 hours worth of picking.  I've put 50 pints in the freezer, given away bags and bags, and made everything I know that includes blueberries and is low-carb (as well as a few things that are not).  My entire month of June has been filled with blueberries.  I'm not complaining.
 




2. A beautiful arrangement of hydrangeas from my neighbor.  She was so kind to bring it by.  She's the manager of one of our favorite restaurants, and if one of us is having a birthday, or sometimes for no reason at all, she'll send us a free appetizer or dessert.  The restaurant has not yet opened back up, so she's bringing things like this bouquet from her yard.  Very kind.

3. More fresh produce.  (Notice the. . .blueberries. . .in the back of the picture.)  Some of this was given to us; some I got at our farmers' market.  Either way, it's the best time of the year for eating.

4. Aldi's.  I stopped by there this morning.  I can get stevia, almond flour, etc., there for MUCH less $$ than the other stores.  I really appreciate having one close by.

5. Finally - 35 years of marriage.  We celebrated on Monday by. . . picking blueberries.  :-)  We aren't going to take a trip of any kind right now - at least no trip is in the plans - but I hope to in the future.  We did go out to a nice restaurant Monday night and get a lovely meal.   Not the most romantic of pictures below, but it will do.  :-)  I think I'll keep him, especially since the warranty has run out.  :-)

3 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

Belated happy anniversary! We used to do anniversary dinners at restaurants we don't usually go to. But the last few years (except for an out-of-town trip or two), we've gone to the same, familiar local restaurant nearby. That's still about the only time we go there, but it's special without a lot of fuss.

You could host blueberry pickings--invite a friend or two over, and let them work for berries. :-) Maybe next year, after COVID-19.

Our neighbor brought us some fresh produce this week. Good stuff. I need to check out Aldi's. There's one not too far away, but it's tucked behind other stores and I keep forgetting about it.

Love the thoughtfulness of the restaurant manager friend.

Faith said...

Happy belated Anniversary!! (our 30th was tuesday!!). Your hubby is very handsome!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE blueberries. I eat them every.single.morning.

I also love the fresh produce of spring and summer.

Those flowers are absolutely stunning!!!

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! haha love your comment about the warranty. I will try to remember that.

We love blueberries, I wish we were closer to take some off your hands, or help you pick them!