Friday, July 3, 2026

Friday's Fave Five 7/3/26

 Linked to Susanne's Space, hosting FFF every Friday.

1. We got home Saturday night from a LOVELY trip to the northeast.  I got to see my loons in breeding plumage, and Mike got to see a great store for antique clocks.  We were gone six days but the trip did not feel rushed at all.


2. When we got home - the thermostat was not functioning on our air conditioning.  I had set it at 79 before we left, but could tell immediately that in this heat it was much hotter than that.  We needed a service call. . .on a Saturday night.  Not a good thing.  Fortunately the bill was under $200, which was a blessing.

3. Great church picnic last night for the Fourth of July.  Even with the heat, it was very nice.  We have a pavilion with ceiling fans, so it was tolerable.  Hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, sides, and desserts.  Very good spread!  I found these plates at Food Lion so offered to bring them.  Perfect for the occasion.

4. Blueberries and more blueberries.  We picked 4 gallons again on Monday - the bushes were loaded after we were gone for a week - and am beginning to wonder what I am going to do with all these berries.  But I enjoy giving them away as well as making things and putting them in the freezer.

5. Continuing to get things cleaned out and moved out.  It is a good feeling to get organized.

Happy Fourth of July! 

5 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

Glad you had a nice trip! This is a bad time of year for the AC to go out. It's good you were able to get it fixed right away. The church picnic sounds fun. That's a lot of blueberries! Yay for progress on organizing and cleaning stuff out.

Faith said...

up here in the Boston area (and our home in Albany area of NYS) we are having a massive heat wave. It's been very unbearable but we are thankful for the ocean breezes and central air in places. We hope to be back in NYS by 7 pm tonight but our vacation was delayed for a not so good reason which I wrote about on my FFF.
I see and hear loons often as I am very close to the ADK and I hike every week up there.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Susanne said...

Look at all those blueberries. One of my favorite desserts is to simply take frozen blueberries and pour half and half or whipping cream on it. The frozen blueberries make the cream freeze to it so it makes a coating. Then it starts to melt and makes a magenta colored sauce. Can be drizzled with a touch of honey if the berries are very tart. So refreshing on hot days. Glad you had a nice trip. And glad you're AC was serviced quickly at a good price.

Willow said...

Your trip sounds like it was a success. Six days away is a long time in the summer.
I love blueberries! I'll trade you some of my raspberries for your blueberries :)
Happy Fourth of July to you and your family!

Susan said...

That is a lot of blueberries! Can you freeze some to eat later? Mash some and use in a drink. Have a Happy 4th!