Friday, February 7, 2020

Friday's Fave Five, 2-7-2020

LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog

1. A very nice dinner for my folks last weekend.  Family from Alabama, Georgia, and Texas were in town for the meal, as well as dear friends for many years from Alabama as well.  Dad's 90th birthday was last week.  They are doing well to both be 90 years old!






2. My siblings and me - photo taken the evening of the birthday party.  My sister (white sweater) got results of her scans this week and they are CLEAR!!  Wonderful news after completing chemo/radiation several months ago.

3. My book project at school is coming along.  With my dad reinforcing the books as they come in, and several students helping, we are replacing many books that are worn out - pitching some, getting new ones, and getting new copies of some that need to stay in the library.  With a generous donation for this purpose, it is a project that I'm loving doing.


4. Thankful for safety yesterday.  This brief video is taken outside my classroom window.  We got 4-5 inches of rain in our county in 24 hours, and also had to go to the ground level of our school building with grades 7-12 for an hour because of a tornado warning nearby.  (We did, however, provide entertainment for the child care children who were in the hallways with us!)  This entire situation could have been much worse, and to my knowledge everyone got home OK.

5. Mike has been down to our property several times this week.  Everything was fine even after the rough weather.  This next video is what I love.  You can't see them - we haven't seen them - but you can hear the wood ducks in the neighbor's pond just beyond those trees!

8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Congrats to your parents. They are a good-looking couple! I am glad you sister's scans came back OK. Yay for new books the school library! Wow, that was quite a storm. So glad everyone stayed safe. We have had a lot of snow here this week. I guess it was rain by the time it reached you. Have a good weekend.

Jerralea said...

Your parents look in great shape to be in their 90's! Congrats to them.

Replenishing a library would be so much fun!

Faith said...

Your parents look amazing for 90 !! Happy birthday to your good looking daddy!!

Yikes.....that's quite the rain storm. And i loved the sound of the ducks although i had to really lean in to hear them even with my iPad turned all the way up. The sound told me spring is coming!!! 💕

Yay for the book project moving along.

Have a restful weekend!

Patti said...

A very happy birthday to your dad! May this next year of life be filled with health and happiness for him. Your parents both look fantastic! And isn't it a blessing to still have them? So many of my friends have lost 1 or both parents, but I still have both of mine. They will be 80 and 83 this May, and they are still in good health. I am so thankful for that!

Blessings,
Patti

Barbara Harper said...

What a nice celebration for your folks! I'm glad they are doing so well. And what great news that your sister's scans are clear. That book project would be so much fun. Glad you didn't have any major damage from the weather. I was shocked to see a tornado was reported to have touched down in Spartanburg.

Wendy said...

Birthday wishes for your Dad. They are looking very well for their age. Glad you got through the bad weather. We've been hit by a storm here this weekend which has caused disruption but we just stayed home and warm.

Your library project sounds great.

Willow said...

Happy Birthday and congratulations to your parents!
The best news is that your sister got that 'all clear' news!
Living in a drought prone area, I kinda like the sound, smell and sight of rain. Not too much, though. I'm glad all is well at the farm.

Susanne said...

Birthday wishes and congrats to your parents. Nice that you were all able to get together to celebrate. And very good news about your sister! Wow, the tornado warning must have been scary! Glad everyone was safe.