Monday, February 24, 2020

Sleeping Coconuts

Sleeping CoconutsSleeping Coconuts by John Nystrom
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Good information about the dramatic change in Bible translation techniques that these missionaries were able to implement after a terrible tsunami occurred in 1998. That part of the story - how about a dozen translations were taking place instead of just one or two - was very satisfying.

I did not find myself sucked into the book as in many missionary stories. It might have been better had we really gotten to know the family better in the pages in the book. Their children get only passing mentions. In spite of occasional references to touching events, I felt like the book was more academic than inspirational. It was, however, refreshing as usual to read anything about missions around the world.


View all my reviews

No comments: