Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday's Fave Five, 1/29/2021

 

LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog


1. On my birthday, my daughter gave me a beautiful flower arrangement.  I liked it so much that I had it re-done in silk by a parent of several of my students who does this as a side business.  She just sent me these pictures, and I'm very happy with it.


2. Son and daughter-in-law gave me this picture frame at Christmas, filled with several of my ECN articles. Mike hung it this week.  My DIL always gives thought fun gifts, and this is just another example.

3. Went to the farm with Mike last Saturday.  I was very tired, but got the chance to rest some while I was there.  This blanket is what I gave Mike at Christmas.  I saw the fleece at a fabric store, and it said "Gone to the Cabin" as well as "The Great Outdoors."  One of my students who loves to make blankets knotted it for me to make a little Christmas $$.  I took a nap under it while we were down there, and it is toasty warm.

4. I also had the energy to get to Target this week to return a Christmas present from my dear daughter, something that just wasn't going to work right.  I needed a new hairdryer, so with her permission used the $$ to get a new one.  And since it was a gift, I splurged on a nicer one.  :-)

5. Today is my dad's 91st birthday.  Happy birthday to Dad, on the slim chance that you are reading this!

5 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

Belated happy birthday! What a neat thing to do with a favorite flower arrangement. What a thoughtful gift of the framed articles. That blanket look perfect for your farm. Hope your dad has a great birthday.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to you! Such a great idea with the flower arrangement. And happy birthday to your dad, too:)

2 gators said...

beautiful flower arrangement, happy birthday to the both of you, mom's bday was the 28th . love the gifts and that blanket looks warm

Willow said...

I was thinking this week that you hadn't mentioned going to the farm lately. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get there and to enjoy a restful day. That blankie looks so cuddly warm.
Happy Birthday to you and to your father!
Those silk flower arrangement--I am always amazed at the creativity of people. That is a great idea to make arrangements like that.
Have a restful weekend and stay well.

Susanne said...

How nice that you had a peaceful rest at your farm. The silk flower arrangement turned out lovely. Love that gift of your framed articles. That is special! Yay for the upgraded blow dryer! And happy birthday to your Dad! 91, wow. That is something to celebrate!