Friday, September 3, 2021

Friday's Fave Five, 9-3-2021





LINK
to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog
 
1. Starting up with our blanket project at school again.  I'm always amazed at how the students love to make blankets, which are given to underprivileged children at Christmas time.  We have such a good time, and students often take them home to work on there as well.

2. Great dinner with some of our family members this week.
v-

3. Trying to get this made into a poster for a bulletin board.  Isn't it perfect for that!!

4. Partial day off of school today.  As a teacher, I have a half-day workday and am going to substitute in a fifth-grade class for a couple of hours.  But our junior high and high school students are out today.  We had almost half of them absent on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week - several with Covid, and an outbreak of strep and flu as well.  So our administrator called off school today for grades 7-12 so that, coupled with Labor Day, they can have a really good break to rest up and hopefully get well.  Even if I have to go in, it's nice to have an extra-long break from the classroom.

5. A secret trip to the Farmers' Market.  Yesterday I told my boss I was leaving for a few minutes to go to the bank.  Which was true.  And then I realized I was going right by the Farmers' Market and had the opportunity to get some fresh vegetables on a Thursday morning, without having to go through the Saturday rush.  So I did!  Got tomatoes, okra, peaches, squash, and a beautiful cantaloupe.  It was a treat for a school morning!


3 comments:

Faith said...

oh dear...so sorry your school is having an outbreak of Covid and the flu/strep already!! YIKES. The school where I teach doesn't begin until Sept 7 (Sept 8 for the children). I'm still on vacation about 3 hours north west of my home!! hahah.....

YAY for family dinners and trips to the Farmers Market when it isn't crowded. We bought some lovely corn on the cob, peaches, tomatoes and red peppers from the farmers market here in the ADK village this week. SOOOOO good!!!

HAPPY LONG WEEKEND. Prayers that you all stay safe and healthy!!

Barbara Harper said...

That's sad about the COVID and flu/strep outbreaks. I hope the time at home can help them recover and stop the spread. The blanket project is so neat. Glad you got a sneak visit in to the farmer's Market and a dinner out with family. I love that poster-to-be! One of my favorite book memes says, "You can borrow a book...but you get to keep the ideas."

Willow said...

One of the local Jr Hi football teams is in covid quarantine (my granddaughter's boyfriend is one of them). And one of my grandson's friend's little brothers has it, but grandson didn't see him last week so grandson isn't quarantined, fortunately. Crazy times.
Love your market run! It's a quick and easy way to get excellent veggies and fruits--and local.
Enjoy your long weekend!