LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Today marks the end of my six-week surgery "sabbatical." I was supposed to return to work full-time on Monday; however, things have worked out well for me to teach just one class on Monday and Tuesday of next week. I'll start back full time on Wednesday. That gives me a three-day week for the first week, which is much more manageable for working back into things. I'm thankful for a substitute who is willing to teach two more days, a boss who is agreeable to this arrangement, and also a husband who insisted on my working in gradually.
2. The lady who used to help me with my house occasionally no longer cleans houses; however, she is willing to come next week to help me get it good and clean. That is such a relief. I can't pick up much weight at all, or push a vacuum or mop (what a shame!!) :-) -- and my husband's shoulder is giving him problems, so he can't clean very well either. So I am grateful that this super-duper lady is willing to come help me this time.
3. This week's blanket. Not real thrilled with how the colors turned out; however, it's a good way to use up yarn. I have way, way too much yarn. Acquiring yarn may have turned into an obsession?
4. Caramel apples. My precious aunt sent me some from a store near her home that is known for them. They were delicious.
5. I went with Mike for his orthopedist appt. this morning, and we stopped by a new place for us for breakfast. I had sweet potato pancakes with pecans and cinnamon syrup. Very autumn-like and very good!