LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. A good week overall. I am still tired by the end of the day, and have pain when I push, pull, or lift anything that is too heavy, but this week was not exhausting like some of the previous ones have been.
2. Helpful parents. It's still very wearing to do much shopping, and I needed printer ink this week - the nearby Wal-Mart was out. Dad stopped and got what I needed while Mom was at an appointment. I appreciate their help!
3. These birds. Terrible picture but fun experience. The bird on the left is a blue morph snow goose (a lifer for Mike and me), the two in the middle, along with another that is not seen in this picture, are greater white-fronted geese; and the white one is a Ross's goose. All three rare for this area, feeding together in a field in the area where we like to go. Rare bird alert websites are very helpful in finding such things.
4. It was nice to be with this lady on Sunday night. She and her family were often good to my son when he was in China. Any time he had to go to Beijing, they hosted him and basically played substitute family to him. They also hosted me for three nights at the end of my trip there. She and her husband were at our church Sunday night, and we took them out afterward. Very thankful for the work that they are doing in China - and also thankful for their kindness to Andrew. A mother doesn't forget when people are kind to her kids!!
5. These are this week's yarn efforts. The scarf on the right is actually from last week; however, I added the hat to go with it. Working with yarn has become so relaxing to me.
And a bonus! A good friend, whose daughter will be joining two of my classes in January, stopped by so that we can make sure her daughter is at the right place in her studies. She happens to be a very, very good baker, and she brought two of these (I guess I have to give one to Mike!!!). We will have a treat this evening. They smelled wonderful all day!!