Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog
This will be more than five items, but that's better than not being able to come up with five. . .
1. Nice graduation service last Friday night. Sixteen young people turned out from our school, we hope to help advance the cause of Christ throughout their lives.
2. A getaway with Mike on Memorial Day weekend. On Monday we went to his hunting club and I watched him take down and move stands. Not the most exciting thing in the world, but it was just nice to be away with him. And the birdwatching, while not yielding anything new, was great. Then we stopped by an old hardware/general merchandise store that was like stepping into 1945 or earlier. We like browsing through that kind of place.
3. I got my travel insurance policy taken care of this week. Three weeks from today I will be at the Beijing airport, seeing my son for the first time in ten months!
4. Finally was able to get a haircut this week. ML's friend Alicia does such beautiful work. Just wish she weren't working 30+ minutes away, but it's worth the trip.
5. A last bucket of strawberries from a roadside stand. Around here the berries are pretty well done, but this place had them from somewhere further north. Nice to get one last unexpected bucket.
6. I needed new copies of Great Expectations for school as many in my set are old, tearing, and cobbled together from several sources. Last week I found two sets on eBay, totaling 40 permabound hard copies, for $3--which included postage! An unbelievable deal. Then my great dad, always ready to help, used glue and tape to make minor repairs on the few that needed them! These should last for many years - long after I do.
7. We found out yesterday via one of ML's teachers on FB that this picture (top half) was printed in the Baptist Courier to illustrate a story about NGU's graduation. The man is the university president (guess that was obvious). They are sending me several copies as well as having emailed me this digital version, which I will probably get made into a larger print because I really like it. She was in the right place at the right time!