1. Land. We've purchased a piece of land where we can get away and my husband can hunt, bush-hog, and enjoy being outside to his heart's content. We've been down to the property three times this week. The shop building on the property includes a small living area, so I can go down as well. I got the small bedrooms fixed up this week with the beds made and am getting the tiny kitchen organized as well.
2. Tomatoes. The previous owner left 30 tomato bushes that are producing Roma tomatoes by the bucket. The place also has blueberry bushes, but they are pretty well done for the year; and fig bushes, which are probably not going to get ripe until after I'm back in school.
3. A restaurant close by. See right picture above. We found this place today, about a mile away in the small town close to our piece of property. I ordered the small Philly cheesesteak sub without the bread. This is what I got, and this is also after several bites. It was huge and it was good.
Husband ordered a hamburger and onion rings. I expected him to get the frozen, heavily breaded kind. They were not. They were hand cut and dusted in flour. I'm not supposed to have much flour, but may have broken that rule a little today with those onion rings. They were delicious.
I suspect that this restaurant may be getting more business from us in the future.
4. Sugar free strawberry ice cream. At a small shop in the small town where we were today. This was very good, and it was so nice to enjoy some guilt-free!!
5. Fleece. Clearance, $1 a yard at Wal-Mart. Yes, $1. Not a typo. Some of the girls at school love to make blankets for charity each fall. They can now make blankets to their hearts' content!