LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. I got good results from a medical test last Tuesday - one that required advance preparation that was no fun. But it's over, and everything from that test is clear.
2. My daughter got her deer head back from the taxidermist's shop yesterday. (She got the buck on the last ten minutes of the last day of deer season last winter.) We brought it home but it is going to her apartment in just a few minutes. It has a huge spread - larger than any my husband has even gotten over the years!! She is very excited about it. I never thought I'd have a deer-hunting daughter!
3. I've been working on a couple of Operation Christmas Child boxes this week. Once the school year hits it's harder to get things like that done. I got these little dolls for the boxes and had a pretty, little-girlish skein of yarn in my bag - so decided to make some little blankets for the dolls. I thought they turned out really cute. (One still to be made.)
4. Son is safely home from China and Europe He's off on a trip to explore a possibility for his future this weekend. But it's good to have him back in the USA.
5. Son and husband have been working very hard to get the pool open, since their mom would like to get in at least a little swimming before the end of the summer. It's turned out to be a disaster. We didn't open it last summer due to my China trip and knee surgery. Therefore it has been incubating algae for two years now. It's never been in such bad shape. It's taking a lot of time and work to get it cleaned up, but I am thankful for their efforts.