1. The junior-senior banquet is DONE. It was last Friday night. It was beautiful, but it is OVER WITH! I've been thinking about it since last August, so it is a big relief.
2. My blood sugars are getting in good control. They're almost always within range. The downside is that I have plateaued in weight loss. I was down 25 pounds, but that has reverted to 24, and will not go down any further! I think it's because of the normal blood sugars, the weight is no longer coming off so easily. My clothes fit better and I feel better.
3. I got to have lunch with my dear friend last Friday while we were preparing for the banquet. She lives near the venue, and it worked out perfectly. She's given me some special sugar substitute and a great recipe for "fake" Almond Joy bars, which I plan to make tomorrow.
4. A funny from a precious student. While getting ready to turn this in, this girl asked her friend "Do you think she'll notice the ink blot?" :-)
5. And finally, this is a highlight of the week. The rose-breasted grosbeaks are migrating!!! We've seen about a dozen of them. They only pass through for a few days, but they are a huge treat when they do come.