1. FINALLY finished with parent-teacher conferences. Usually I am done by mid-afternoon on the half-day of parent-teacher conferences, but not this year. I had a 5:45 appointment. Ugh. And two hours to wait in between. The administrator said I could leave and come back, but it wasn't worth it. I got a lot of work done and also just dinked around some too.
2. We had fun watching the World Series this week. We went to my folks' house for two nights of it - didn't stay for the entire game, just too late, but did watch the first third to first half of it with them. Dad is a baseball connoisseur and it's always a pleasure to watch ball with him. We were rooting for the Royals, just because it's always nice to see a small-market, low-budget team do well--but it wasn't to be. Regardless of the winner, it was a fantastic series - the kind with all the excitement that October ball ought to have.
3. Mike went deer hunting last weekend and came back with these. He was at his sister's place, and they have a lot of deer there. He has been a happy man after getting those two nice bucks.
4. Now that eBay allows sellers to have fifty free listings a month without a listing charge (there is still a final value charge), I have just rolled several sets of books over a number of times. They haven't sold, though I haven't lost any money either--but it was getting to the point where, maybe they just weren't going to sell. Well, this week, two sets of them sold. The second set goes out in the morning. It's a great feeling to get the paypal built up a little more for those fun purchases I always like to make. Plus, some of these are things I am selling for school, to also be able to purchase books for school that are more currently needed. So it works out well.
5. Last week we went to a program at our daughter's school. It was nice, and even nicer was to see her in her school setting, as a professional. It's apparent that she is doing well.