1. Last Saturday night we had a really, really nice meal, compliments of Mike's company. He had done a special project along with several others, and was told he could take his wife out for a nice meal and turn in the receipt. So we did. And we just about committed the sin of gluttony. We never get an appetizer, and we very rarely order dessert. And we never get expensive menu items. So it was a real treat, but we both felt kinda sick afterwards. Just too much rich food. But it was really good at the time!
2. ML's teaching so far is going very well and she loves it. Even though I know that not-so-good days will come (they always do) at least she has started out by knowing that she can do it and she is doing a good job.
3. Even though last night's football game was a big disappointment (huge loss for our team), we spent the evening with dear friends, and that is always nice. And supper was pizza, wings, chips/dip, and cookies - no cooking required.
4. Andrew has a new apartment! He just moved a few hours ago. I am so glad his school chose to move them. They were living in quarters at another university, in an older building. The surroundings actually were nice; they were surrounded by woods and a garden, even though it is a college campus. However, a good bit of the dirt/mold in his apartment was not because it was a man-cave; it was China dirt from sometime back. Plaster was continually falling from the walls; there was no hot water in the kitchen; the bathroom needed work, etc. Some of his Chinese friends came to help him move, and he showed them some of the football game on his computer. This was the first time these young men (and one lady) had ever watched a football game!
5. A three-day weekend is upon us!!! Which also means that next week is only four days long - the best part of a Monday-off three-day weekend. I am so ready for the break.