Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Mike has gone back to work today after a 7-day break. He wasn't on vacation; this kind of break just happens from time to time when he works weekdays one week, and weekends the next. So he was home all week. He cooked breakfast most mornings and was generally a big help. We had a nice week all around, and that is always nice.
2. We're reading Cyrano de Bergerac in my sophomore English class, and having the best time. They do very well at such things, and reading plays aloud is great fun if the group is enthusiastic. I rarely have to prompt anyone, and the students are reading with a lot of feeling. They're also seeming to get the lessons from the play. That makes teaching so fun!
3. I am so glad to have some cold weather back. I don't like warm Januarys. If it's winter - let's have winter.
4. Last Sunday I made dinner for my dad's birthday (it's actually this week, but Mike will be working, so we celebrated early) and daughter and her friend and said friend's dad all came. I don't feel like it was my best attempt (don't tell Dad, but I accidentally left the oatmeal out of his favorite meatloaf), but the brownies at the end with icing and cool whip were killer. I've been thinking about them all week long and resisting making more. :-)
5. We have new neighbors down the street, and they happen to be the new youth pastor at our church and his family. Their children ride bikes on their driveway and yard in the late afternoons, and often see me driving home. They are always happy to see me, and run up the driveway, waving. Our street is not busy, so I sometimes stop and talk with them. Amazing how children can brighten one's day.