Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Little Nostalgia

Yesterday Mike cleaned out his closet, and came across a box of nostalgia, mostly things from the kids when they were younger.  

Andrew painted this football player as a kid and gave it to his dad.  No idea why he picked the Green Bay Packers as we have never been particularly great fans.

ML:  "When I grow up I want to be a beatiful young artist."

In 1999, ML made her own "calander."  This is just one page.  She actually used it all year and checked off the days as they occurred.  As you can tell, each month was appropriately decorated.  June was very important!  Birthday month!!

And finally, this.  Probably also around 1999.  Typed out below for ease of reading.  My kids!!!

Dear Dad,

You are the best dad in the whole world!!  (Even if you are my only one.)
You have done so many things for me, that you deserve a note, and a poem:

Thank You

Thank you for when you have made my bed,
And thank you for the money that buys us bread.
Thank you for teaching me God's holy power,
Even when sometimes, you seem sour.
Thank you for spending time with me;
Instead of being a drunk, you see.
These and more, have all you done;
Especially in God's eyes, you have won!

Happy birthday!

Love, Andrew

2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Sweet memories!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is such a cute poem - so heart felt. Good memories. Have a great week!