LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog
1. First big thing: I wasn't going to be able to post anything today due to being at our annual regional Christian school convention in Myrtle Beach SC. However, it was canceled a week ago due to floodwaters reaching that area. Now, usually I do enjoy going to the convention, and I'm saddened that the reason it is canceled is due to the hardships of the flooding. But this year, with all the home renovations and several other things going on, it was a wonderful break to be home for 2 1/2 days more than usual. We can't really try to have school after all, because parents have made plans, looking forward to this break. So we just got it off!
2. The wood floors are DONE in the entire house. At left is a picture from a couple of weeks ago, and at right is from exactly a week ago today. Carpeting in the den was completed on Wednesday. It is so nice to have the floors done in the entire house. We are slowly getting furniture moved back in place. It's a little difficult when Mike has shoulder issues and I have lower back/knee issues. But piece by piece we are getting everything back to where it belongs.
3. Furniture was delivered today. I don't want to post a picture yet - not till everything is right. But here is a sneak peek, actually taken at the furniture store a couple of weeks ago. The ottoman matches everything else in the den, so can be moved around from piece to piece. The lady sitting there looks very comfortable. :-)
4. This one makes me sad, but it is still sweet. This is the recliner that we got 30 years ago this week, when I was in the last months of pregnancy with our first child. It's on the loading dock of our local rescue mission's thrift store. I remember we didn't have two nickels to rub together, but we scraped together enough to get it on a $300 / 3 month same as cash deal, and we thought we were royalty. I survived two pregnancies and reared two children with this chair. It's survived a lot of tears, a lot of roughhousing, a lot of reading, a lot of everything. But it was time to let it go. There is still some good living left in that chair, and I hope someone else appreciates it as much as we did.
5. Thankful for safety when a tornado touched down north of our town last night. We were leaving Home Depot and saw the cloud and the funnel. It could have been very bad, but fortunately little damage occurred.