Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday's Fave Five, 9/14/18

LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog

It's been awhile since I've done one of these.  The start of the school year can really keep me busy.  

1. We are doing renovations in our house - thus have been living with our bed in the den.  That and our two recliners are the only places in the house to sit right now.  Oh, and there is one stool at the kitchen counter, and two places at the kitchen table.  And that is it.  Bedrooms - completely empty.  "Big Room" - full of stuff.  Oh, and I guess I can count the bathrooms too.  Anyway, I am thankful for at least a few places to sit.

 2. Great progress being made on the wood flooring.  The installers should finish at the first of the week.  That makes for another weekend of sleeping in the den. . .but by next week maybe we will have a bed in the bedroom again.  :-)  The pic is of the entryway, partially done.  I've learned a lot about how wood flooring is installed.


3. This picture was in another post, but here are my newly painted kitchen cabinets. They were finished at the end of the week.  I am LOVING them.  This is the first time I have ever had a really nice kitchen.  It makes wanting to work neatly in it so much easier.

4. Thankful that our son and his wife have been willing to come over every weekend to move the furniture that needs to be moved at that time.  Mike's other shoulder is giving him trouble, so he can't move it right now.

5. It appears that Florence will just give us a lot of rain.  Of course, it's too soon to know the exact track, and those forecasts are notoriously fickle at the end, but right now cities just 30 miles away are slated to get much more.   We shall see.  Very thankful for a warm and dry house when major storms like this are coming. 

6 comments:

Dianna said...

Your kitchen is lovely...love all of that counter space and your newly painted cabinets are very pretty. My kitchen is my happy place and I love to be in there cooking and baking...and canning at this time of the year. So I am certain that you will enjoy working here in your new kitchen, too!

The wood flooring that you pictured in your entryway is beautiful. I love those darker tones in flooring.

Thankful your son lives close enough that he and his wife can pop over and help with moving the furniture.

Wendy said...

Wow sounds like you are having a lot of work done but having somewhere to sit must help. Your kitchen looks lovely and I'm sure the floors will be great when it's finished. Isn't it funny how just doing one room in a house can disrupt the whole household? We need to do some work in our kitchen and I am not looking forward to it! I hope you don't get too much rain from Florence.

Barbara H. said...

Your kitchen looks so nice! I am hoping to get our cabinets painted sometime, but Jim is too busy with outdoor stuff for now. Renovation is such an upheaval, but it will be so nice when it is done. I'm glad your son and d-i-l have been available to help.

We're supposed to get rain from Florence Sunday night-Monday, but hopefully it will get tuckered out before then. They are talking about flash floods and possible power outages, so hospice stocked us up on my m-i-l's supplies just in case.

You asked about the paper plates on my blog. I have had them for a while, and don't remember where I got them, but I'd guess Hobby Lobby. They often have their seasonal paper plates marked down.

Faith said...

your kitchen is so pretty!! LOVE The colors.

House renovations can be such a pain but the end result is such a blessing!!

stay safe down there!!

Willow said...

Your home will be so lovely when everything is finished. It will be worth all the hassle. Renovations are a good thing and you can declutter so much because it's out in the open where you actually see it all.
I hope you did not get too much rain and wind and stayed safe.
I'm glad you're back posting and that school is getting in to its routine.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
wall paints suppliers in vijayawada

wall paints suppliers in Guntur

buy wall paints in online in vijayawada