LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Sister came through cancer surgery successfully on Wednesday. She will be hospitalized for a few more days, but she is very positive and doing well so far.
2. Another sister sent me a beautiful vest - animal print, which I love. A very nice surprise!! I wore it today because it fits perfectly. Thank you!!
3. Baked cheese. I've been making that often recently. It's just extra-thin cheese slices put on parchment paper, then baked at about 280 degrees until they are turning brown. These slices feel like a bit of a treat when I can't have the other things I used to treat myself to.
4. Down almost 20 pounds!! Amazing what happens when sugar is forcibly removed from one's life. :-)
5. A short day at work today due to most students being gone to our state Fine Arts Festival. I didn't have to go, because I am in charge of our junior-senior banquet this year, and I was able to stay back for a workday with the juniors not involved in fine arts. We got a lot accomplished; I let them go home around noon, and was gone myself by 1:00. Nice feeling to have the grocery shopping done already, as well as a lot of paperwork, and it's only a little after 4:00 on Friday!