Friday, March 15, 2019

Friday's Fave Five, 3-15-19

LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog

1. Sister came through cancer surgery successfully on Wednesday.  She will be hospitalized for a few more days, but she is very positive and doing well so far.

2. Another sister sent me a beautiful vest - animal print, which I love.  A very nice surprise!!  I wore it today because it fits perfectly.  Thank you!!

3. Baked cheese.  I've been making that often recently.  It's just extra-thin cheese slices put on parchment paper, then baked at about 280 degrees until they are turning brown.  These slices feel like a bit of a treat when I can't have the other things I used to treat myself to.

4. Down almost 20 pounds!!  Amazing what happens when sugar is forcibly removed from one's life. :-)

5. A short day at work today due to most students being gone to our state Fine Arts Festival.  I didn't have to go, because I am in charge of our junior-senior banquet this year, and I was able to stay back for a workday with the juniors not involved in fine arts.  We got a lot accomplished; I let them go home around noon, and was gone myself by 1:00.  Nice feeling to have the grocery shopping done already, as well as a lot of paperwork, and it's only a little after 4:00 on Friday!

6 comments:

Faith said...

Oh praise God your sister got through her surgery ok.
How wonderful you have lost the weight! Good for you! I don't have to cut out sugar but I've chosen to stop using refined/cane sugar and just use honey or raw sugar how. Sometimes i skip it altogether and use applesauce like in cookies or brownies.

How nice to leave your classroom early today! I always leave at 2:30 on Fridays but our students leave every day at 1:15 as i teach preschoolers with special needs. M-Thr i work until 2:45 or 3 pm. It's nice to get a bit earlier on Fridays!

Enjoy the weekend!

Willow said...

I'm so thankful with you for your sister's good surgery!
Congrats on the weight loss. I don't eat refined sugar and white flour (unless it's in a meal when I'm out and have no control over it). I'm also mostly whole food plant based.
Hurray for a short day on Friday! It's SOO nice to get home early!

Barbara Harper said...

I'm so thankful your sister came through her surgery ok. And how nice to get a surprise gift! I had not heard of baked cheese. Congratulations on the weight loss! My husband has lost around 20 lbs. since his diabetes diagnosis, too. He just had his 3-month follow-up visit but we haven't gotten back the results of the blood work yet. Nice to have a short work day and a head start on the weekend!

Wendy said...

Glad to hear your sister came through the surgery well. I hope she makes a good recovery. Well done on your weight loss. I always appreciated a short day when I was working but I didn't get many of them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Susanne said...

Wonderful news about your sister! Praying her recovery is easy and quick. Wow, congrats on the weight loss. Sugar is a hard thing to remove. Cheering you on!

ellen b. said...

Good news about your sister and her surgery. Dropping 20 pounds is no small feat! Good for you. I've never baked cheese but that does sound yummy. Hope you are having a good week. I'm very late in getting around for Friday's Fave Five. :)