LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog
1. These pics are actually from last week, but I haven't been on here in awhile. The first is a red-headed woodpecker, in our back yard!! I have been watching for one of those in our yard for years. I had a fleeting glimpse of one a couple of weeks ago, but wasn't quite sure. These are uncommon but not rare. A lot of times people will say "We have those in our yard." Usually what they mean are red-bellied woodpeckers (which do have a spot of red on their heads), not true red-heads. I also saw a hairy woodpecker this morning outside the window this morning - another first for our yard and a first for me.
This pic is from a large area near our home where birds congregate - this is a dickcissel. It's a rare bird if you go any further east of here, but they are common in this grassy area in our county.
2. A finished blanket. It's for a baby; I like the unusual colors instead of just the usual pastels for a baby. I finished it last night.
3. A sewing machine. I bought it last Thanksgiving but just pulled it out of the box this week. I got it set up, and started sewing some straight seams - it worked great for awhile and then jammed. Sigh. Sewing machines and I have never gotten along well. Never. I will pull it out again later today, or tomorrow, and hopefully have better results. But it's nice to have a machine again.
4. Lovely restaurant dinner this week, courtesy of my folks, in honor of two of my dad's cousins who were visiting.
5. And finally - the scale is reading 26 1/2 pounds down. Much slower than earlier this year, but I'm happy with the trend!!