LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog
1. Due to several reasons, not the least of which I am giving a workshop during our inservice week at school, I have gone in several days this week to get a good bit of my room ready. I made a new bulletin board which unfortunately did not get photographed. I also put up this one, a classic, which reminds me fondly of the days when I would hand my creative daughter $50 and say "Go fix up my classroom." This is one of her beauties. It's one that can be recycled from time to time because the kids love it. I'm glad to have gotten a lot of the classroom work done and also to have this opportunity to smile at past memories.
2. Rib is doing better. I've not had to use narcotic pain reliever for two nights now. I'm still sleeping in a chair for most of the night. I will forever now have empathy for someone who has a broken rib.
3. Due to rib situation, classroom work, and preparation of this workshop, as well as other things, I am splurging and have hired a former student to help me clean my house this afternoon. She is working as I write this. Nothing makes me happier to have a clean house that I didn't do. :-)
4. Still thinking about the fond memories of our beach vacation.
5. My sister was in town, having taken our folks for to a reunion in Indiana, and so I was able to spend some time with her. She's safely back in Dallas now, after a not-so-fun plane connection issue.
And that's my approaching-end-of-summer week. It's always good to mix productiveness and rest.