LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Fourth of July festivities - Our church had a really nice cookout/service/fireworks on the evening of Tuesday the 3rd. Probably 250 people or so were there, and it was a great evening of fellowship. On the Fourth, our son cooked steaks at my folks' house for all of us as well as my daughter-in-law's sister and husband. It was a good holiday!
2. I have collected Cherry Ames books for years - not so much lately, but nevertheless a collection I am glad to have. At a thrift store recently, I picked up this gem. First edition, hardback, excellent condition, dust jacket in good shape for being over 60 years old (1955). Oh, and it cost me 75 cents. :-)
3. I just finished baking eight pans of chocolate chip cookies. :-) With this heat I squeezed 20 cookies on each pan, which means they don't look quite as pretty, but they taste the same. I had to bake five dozen for Vacation Bible School next week, and baked more for several other people. And I used my brand-new KitchenAid mixer for the first time. Wow!! My sister said there was a learning curve, and she was right. But it's worth it. Once the ingredients are in, they practically mix themselves. I will really enjoy this.
4. Lots of rain means our new sod is looking good!
5. Loving these summer months and enjoying the rest they include. I will have more to say about that in a future week.