Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday's Fave Five 4-26-19


1. The junior-senior banquet is DONE.  It was last Friday night.  It was beautiful, but it is OVER WITH!  I've been thinking about it since last August, so it is a big relief.



2. My blood sugars are getting in good control.  They're almost always within range.  The downside is that I have plateaued in weight loss.  I was down 25 pounds, but that has reverted to 24, and will not go down any further!  I think it's because of the normal blood sugars, the weight is no longer coming off so easily.  My clothes fit better and I feel better.

3. I got to have lunch with my dear friend last Friday while we were preparing for the banquet.  She lives near the venue, and it worked out perfectly.  She's given me some special sugar substitute and a great recipe for "fake" Almond Joy bars, which I plan to make tomorrow.

4. A funny from a precious student.  While getting ready to turn this in, this girl asked her friend "Do you think she'll notice the ink blot?"  :-)

5. And finally, this is a highlight of the week.  The rose-breasted grosbeaks are migrating!!!  We've seen about a dozen of them.  They only pass through for a few days, but they are a huge treat when they do come.


3 comments:

Willow said...

Proms and celebrations are always a fun time, but they take a lot of work and prep! The people who do it usually don't get a lot of acknowledgment, so GOOD JOB!
Umm, I did notice the ink blot...but her sentences were well written.
And hurray for quick lunches with good friends!

Barbara H. said...

So nice to have a big event done with! Glad it all went well. I'm glad your sugars are stabilizing, too, and that it worked out to have lunch with your friend. Funny about the ink blot. :-) The grosbeaks are so pretty.

Susanne said...

What a handsome pair you make! The celebrations sound fun but they are a tremendous amount of work and planning. Hope you get a nice rest for a job well done. Good job getting your blood sugar under control and for that weight loss. Though it's discouraging when one plateaus, you have accomplished a good thing. Don't be discouraged! Funny about the student's comment.