Friday, July 19, 2019

Friday's Fave Five 7-21-19

LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog


1. Land.  We've purchased a piece of land where we can get away and my husband can hunt, bush-hog, and enjoy being outside to his heart's content.   We've been down to the property three times this week.  The shop building on the property includes a small living area, so I can go down as well.  I got the small bedrooms fixed up this week with the beds made and am getting the tiny kitchen organized as well.
2. Tomatoes. The previous owner left 30 tomato bushes that are producing Roma tomatoes by the bucket.  The place also has blueberry bushes, but they are pretty well done for the year; and fig bushes, which are probably not going to get ripe until after I'm back in school.

3. A restaurant close by.  See right picture above.  We found this place today, about a mile away in the small town close to our piece of property.  I ordered the small Philly cheesesteak sub without the bread.  This is what I got, and this is also after several bites.  It was huge and it was good.

Husband ordered a hamburger and onion rings.  I expected him to get the frozen, heavily breaded kind.  They were not.  They were hand cut and dusted in flour.  I'm not supposed to have much flour, but may have broken that rule a little today with those onion rings.  They were delicious.

I suspect that this restaurant may be getting more business from us in the future.

4. Sugar free strawberry ice cream.  At a small shop in the small town where we were today.  This was very good, and it was so nice to enjoy some guilt-free!!

5. Fleece. Clearance, $1 a yard at Wal-Mart.  Yes, $1.  Not a typo.  Some of the girls at school love to make blankets for charity each fall.  They can now make blankets to their hearts' content!

6 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

That restaurant sounds great! So neat the piece of land has a place to stay and all those bushes. What are you going to do with all the tomatoes? Our neighbor gave us four, and my husband forgot and bought another. We never use them except on burgers. I'm thinking of chopping them into whatever tomato sauced-based dish I make next. Breyers makes a good no sugar added ice cream - but that's probably not the same as sugar free. Great price on the fleece!

Wendy said...

How lovely to have a bolt hole. Especially with a restaurant nearby. Enjoy.

Faith said...

I love trying new restaurants!
I have stopped eating dairy except for sometimes a soft serve cone and cheddar cheese but i switched to almond milk ice cream and it's so creamy and supposedly has less sugar than ice cream from cows milk.

That was a good deal on your fleece!

I love fresh tomatoes!!!!! Yummy!!!!

Have a nice weekend!

a spirit of simplicity said...

What a pretty spot! I love any kind of strawberry ice cream.

Susanne said...

I never would have thought to order a philly cheesesteak without the bread. Great idea. How nice that you guys have a getaway place.

Willow said...

Oh! That piece of property! It's my dream. I'm so happy for you to have that place to relax and enjoy nature. (and tomatoes!)
Isn't it fun to find those special places for a great meal?
I hope you're having a good week.