LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog
1. This blanket is almost done! I plan to take it down to the farm when it is finished. It's made from "sugar wheels" by Yarn Bee. A few weeks ago, Hobby Lobby had some discontinued sugar wheels marked way down, so I got three of them - the purple and green at the beginning, middle, and end. That wasn't enough, so I got two more sugar wheels that were shades of purple. It's nice to crochet with those wheels because the colors change without having to change yarn very often. I love how the colors turned out.
|Example of a sugar wheel - picture |
pulled off the internet.
2. Bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches. The tomatoes right now are mid-summer perfect, and I get several every Saturday at the local farmers' market. A BLT is the best sandwich ever. I can't eat them like I used to (with two pieces of white bread); however, I use one piece of rye bread on the bottom and a large piece of lettuce for the top. It works.
3. A good last full week of summer vacation. I start back to teacher inservice next Tuesday, but I've enjoyed these last days, getting a lot done around the house.
4. Some new clothes. :-) I always feel better about starting the school year with a few new pieces in my closet. And - the best part - I needed to buy some new slacks because last year's were too big. It's great to try on new clothes just to see how they look instead of being concerned that they will be too tight.
5. Great times with friends. This week we took two different sets of friends down to show them the farm - two on Monday, and two last night. This pic was taken last night. I cropped off our friends just because I don't know if they want to be displayed all over the internet. But we had a lovely time with them.