Friday, August 9, 2019

Friday's Fave Five 8-9-19



LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog

1. Inservice has started and my room is done.  I didn't get any pictures taken of it, but it is done.  Always a load off of my mind.  I have to give a workshop on Monday morning on bloodborne pathogens, but I've done that in the past, so it shouldn't be too much of a burden on my mind this weekend.

2. We enjoyed our property last weekend, taking a long weekend there since we didn't get a vacation this summer.  I always enjoy watching Mike mow.  He loves to do that, and he is loving having a piece of land.
3. A crazy wild goose chase that was so funny that it was fun.  We went out Monday to look at a couch/love seat combination for the living quarters at our property.  I accidentally had the wrong address to start with, at the location of another yard sale last weekend.  The people came out to speak to us, wondering why we were there, and we were wondering why they didn't mention the couch.  (We had been in contact with the owners, who were expecting us.)  After some small talk, when Mike said we were there to look at the couch, they said "What couch?" Major fail on my part.  Then we finally found the right location (fortunately close by) but couldn't figure out how to get in, as it was in a warehouse/auction house.  We had to go through two other junky businesses (I'm not sure what they were selling) and wait for a door to be unlocked, just to go see the couch - which, after we sat in it, Mike whispered "I wouldn't take that couch if they gave it to us."  It sure looked better in the pictures.  You gotta laugh.

4. Lindor 70% Cocoa Truffles.  I allow myself one each night as they are only four carbs apiece - not  as high as most Lindor Truffles.  They are decadent and they fill that need to have something sweet.  And they don't ruin my eating plan.

5. The best for last:  I had to go to the doctor yesterday for an issue.  While there, I had an A1C done since it has been three months - and it was down to 6.  That's in spite of cheating a little this summer.  The doctor said if it's any lower it will not be considered a diabetic A1C.  (Now, that's with two strong diabetic drugs in me, so it doesn't mean I will no longer have diabetes.)  But that is great news; it does mean that maybe I can consider in the future going off some of the meds.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Had to laugh about the couch story but sorry you didn't get what you wanted. That's great news about the blood work. You're very good stopping at 1 lindor chocolate. I don't have as much willpower lol.

Barbara Harper said...

Yay for the good A1C reading! I love Lindor truffles. I don't think I have seen that kind. I know it must feel good to have your room all set up for classes. Funny about the wild goose chase with the couch--though it was probably exasperating at the time.

Willow said...

That couch story is so funny! I loved Mike's comment. LOL!
Hurray for the good news from the dr!
And hurray for those little bits of chocolate. I eat one piece of a Trader Joe's dark chocolate bar every evening. It satisfies the craving.

Susanne said...

Haha the couch story is funny. I need to find those Lindors! Yay for the good news on the health front.