Friday, August 24, 2007

He is There

We took Andrew to college tonight. He packed all morning and paced all afternoon, waiting to go. He was absolutely beside himself with excitement. He doesn't understand why some of his local friends are going tonight to check in and then returning home for the weekend; his take is "I'm going to college--I'm staying!!" His "friend who is a female" from another state arrived there today also and they saw each other very soon, so that was exciting for him too. He unpacked the car in leaps and bounds. He will not sleep much tonight--in his new dorm bed!!--because his adrenalin level is so high.

I remember carrying him home eighteen years ago as a tiny baby and now today walking with him out the door as a grown man.

Tonight my heart is empty and my heart is full.

No comments: