Saturday, October 6, 2007

China students in my classroom - Shooting rockets!



Well, I have shot a lot of rockets with eighth graders over the past twenty-seven years, but I've never been hugged ecstatically by someone before yesterday, just for getting her rocket off successfully! She was very concerned because the first two times the rocket did not fly--she was actually close to tears. When it left the launch pad, she threw her arms around Nick Kaufman and then around me, saying "Thank you, thank you!!" repeatedly.

All the students--Chinese, American, and the younger ones who just watched--really enjoyed the rocket shoot. Most of the school came out to watch. It was a great experience, but I am GLAD it's over. There is a lot of pressure to get off a successful rocket launch for 46 students (and one teacher) with 300 people watching, and make sure there are no accidents. I was absolutely exhausted last night.

2 comments:

Barry said...

I like the new template. The picture of the beach is really nice!

Bet said...

I'm sure you were exhausted. Glad you had a successful day.