Monday, April 14, 2008

Another letter from Selia

I got another email from Selia, my Chinese student friend, today. I sent her some little presents with the students from our school who have traveled there this month. (The "eggs" are Silly Putty, which I sent because it was the only thing I could find on short notice that was made in the USA.)

She writes me about once a month on email and often says "My dear Mrs. Bailes." I love to read her writing to observe the way she takes grammar and punctuation very seriously and really does quite well considering the differences in the two languages.

Every time I write her back, I let her know that I am "thinking" about her. Someday I hope to hear the news that those "thoughts" have contributed to another person being in the family.

My dear friend:
How is it going ? Is angthing fine with you ? I hope so!
I haven't writtin to you for so long ,and I really miss you !
I've gotten the gifts from Carl ,thank you so much ,I like the book ,it's a lillte hard but really interesting ! The socks are really cute ,I will take a picture if I wear them and send it to you ! And the things like eggs , we have these in China , but I don't know what they are in English ,sorry, they are so fun!
What are you doing these days ? Did something special happen ?
The American students have fun there ,and we had a great week ,they study Chinses and learn Chinses Kungfu every day ,and they just made kites yeaterday ,they will fly the kites on Monday if the weather is fine .
I really hope you can ccome to China ,and then I can see you again,then we can spend time together , and so on .
I can still remember you face because I keep a photo of you in my wallet ,then I can see you every time I open the wallet !
Love you !

YOURS
SELIA

No comments: