Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Irony of the Internet

I started this blog in May 2007 with the thinking that I would be expressing my thinking online. Have discovered that that is easier said than done.

The things that cause me to have the most worthwhile things to say, that have caused me the most growth and the most dependence on the Lord, are also the things that are least possible to express openly. My two teens would be understandably mortified if I discussed them on the internet in any deeper way than just the most general terms. Ditto spouse. Furthermore, it would not accomplish anything or be supportive. Ditto job situations, which have no business being discussed online. Ditto church, friends, and family in general.

Really, what has happened is that, with the advent of the internet, we become open to the entire world. However, because of that we become less open in what we say. That's a big irony.

No comments: