Monday, April 28, 2008

My Bookcase

Last week Mike finished painting the bookcase that has been out in the shop for several years. A good friend who is a cabinetmaker gave it to us when it didn't work out for a client. Finishing it up was part of my birthday from last December (but who's counting the months?). It actually came out lighter than we wanted--the first coat was bubble-gum pink, but we got the paint darkened at the hardware store. However, we've decided that it looks fine anyway and actually lightens up the room. I finally started putting books on it today (it does have shelves, just not shown in this picture), now that the paint has cured for a few days. It is wonderful to have a nice place out in the main living area to display my books, especially things like my Cherry Ames series that were a gift from my late father-in-law.

No comments: