Sunday, September 28, 2008

Journals to Grade

I am sitting here looking at a huge stack of papers that really need to get graded today as tomorrow senior journals come in for the second time this year and that will be plenty to keep me busy.

The second set of ten paragraphs is the group on "School," and, among other titles such as "Special Elementary Teacher" and "The Hardest Test I Ever Took," one of the entries is titled "Exceptional Chapel Speaker." I'll never forget a young man by the name of Brian, whose entry for that topic started as follows:

"The exceptional chapel speaker is the right one. The left one has a buzz. . ."

I still share that one with new senior classes each year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is funny!

I don't mind if you use the "Castaway" spoof.

Anonymous said...

BTW, looking at your family picture there, I wondered...has anyone ever told your husband he looks a little like Dr. Phil?

Anonymous said...

Ah! Teaching English...I forgot the funny things that are actually written down!

Beth

Ann said...

Barbara, you know, I guess he does in that picture! Actually, his face is narrower than that so he doesn't look like Dr. Phil in real life. But I can see why you thought so!