Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ups and Downs

UP - Last night was the last PTO meeting EVER! (Next year we go to parent-teacher conferences in the afternoon.)

UP - We had a nice family gathering for my mom's 80th birthday this weekend.

DOWN - Today is my daughter's last home game of any sport at our school. Makes me sad. I can't tell how many games - in the hundreds - I've watched her in, what with volleyball, basketball, and soccer, for the past six years.

UP - She bought a team T-shirt for me to wear. Without my knowledge she bought a size smaller than I usually wear. It fits!

DOWN - We have a leak in the pool. Mike has his work cut out for him to figure out where it is. If it's under the concrete - we won't even think about that.

UP - I don't want to end on a down. God has blessed me greatly - and I'm not talking about material things. His love and security are the greatest blessings of life.

1 comment:

Bet said...

I like your up's and down's!

I should do one of these posts again myself.