Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graduation Week

We are having an open house Thursday night after the ceremony and yesterday I made these little things. The recipe is from this Taste of Home online recipe, but I modified it a little. I used Ghiaradelli chocolates on top of miniature Reese cups (both upside down). The tassel is blue fruit roll-up held in place with a blue M&M (Andrew got the job of slicing the fruit roll-up into thin strips). (I guess they might need to be trimmed a little so they lay flatter.) The "glue" is chocolate frosting, the homemade kind that gets a little hard as it sets up. I think I'll use them for decorations, but have a feeling that they will disappear as the evening goes on . . .









-
So today I bake a cake and continue getting ready. Fortunately, other than going to evening programs (kindergarten graduation, baccalaureate, and then graduation on Thursday) I don't have to be at school until the senior luncheon on Thursday. It is wonderful to have some preparation time over the next couple of days.

It is an exciting time.

3 comments:

Jeremy West said...

Mrs. Bailes, check out my new blog: www.untoalltheworld.wordpress.com

Barbara H. said...

Those are really cute! Glad you have some time at home to work on getting ready.

The Whitmires said...

Those are cute Mrs. Bailes! Hope the graduation went well!

Dana Whitmire