Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kitty Is Still With Us

Kitty is rapidly using up her nine lives. She'd already used at least three of them that we knew of, long before this episode. But at least twice this week, we thought she'd gone off for good, and were wondering how we'd break the news to ML on her senior trip.

Kitty is skin and bones; she's had two shots which have helped her do well since the end of December. But the third shot didn't work nearly as well. The vet said that that would be the case at some point; he said cats with lymphoma sometimes last up to a year with shots about every two months. The shots only cost about $10 apiece, so I'm happy to get them for her to keep her with ML a little longer.

Anyway, she's not eating, and is barely drinking. She staggers when she walks and when she's lying down usually keeps her head on the ground. I thought last night was probably it. And then this morning, when I went out to check, she was back from one of her trips to the woods - was actually walking better, and she was interested in at least the broth from a can of cat food. And when I looked toward the door, she was on the step watching me in the kitchen - which is what she used to do.

I still don't think she's going to last long, but hope she holds off long enough for ML to get home.

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

This makes me sad for ML.