Thursday, July 23, 2009

Letter to the Editor of TASTE OF HOME

I sent this letter to the woman who serves as editor of both COUNTRY WOMAN and TASTE OF HOME magazines:

Dear (EDITOR'S NAME),

I've been a Taste of Home subscriber since 1995, and got all the back issues on eBay to have a complete set. For years it was by far my favorite magazine. It got me started on Country Woman, Quick Cooking/Simple & Delicious, and Farm and Ranch. I loved the Reiman publications.

With great sorrow, I am going to let Taste of Home expire. Since being taken over by the Reader's Digest company, it is not the same. It's just another glossy food magazine. It's not the ads - it's the big-city-style editing. The homey feeling that made Taste of Home unique is gone. I will not miss Taste of Home - I've already missed it for a couple of years. The magazine I loved has been gone for quite awhile.

Please pass this opinion on to whomever needs to know. Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,

3 comments:

Beth said...

I agree with your comments and stopped my subscription, but they keep sending it anyway--trying to lure me back, I guess! Not only do I dislike the new format, but I also decided that from the ones I kept from past years and all of the other recipes I have in this house, there are more than enough recipes for an overweight woman!

Ann said...

What overweight woman? I haven't had anyone overweight visit me lately!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via stray thoughts and thought I'd delurk to say I agree. I only buy their 'cookbook' magazines now, provided they don't contain a lot of repeat recipes. I sent a similar letter and received only an auto response explaining their reasons to go towards the advertising.