Thursday, July 30, 2009

My "Garden"

Every year I get fussed at because I don't do a very good job at tending my "garden." It's not much of a garden - just a few tomato plants and whatever I feel like putting out there--this year about four squash plants, an eggplant, a zucchini, and a few beans. There was also lettuce when it was cooler out. It's also true that I get quite excited about putting things out and then am not very good about watering and checking them after the first enthusiasm wears off.

Here is my bounty for today. Not bad for plants that don't get much tending. There are a lot more beans to come - they're from two ten-cent packages of seeds that I bought at the hardware store at the very end of seed season.
.
How do you cook an eggplant?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can slice it, dip it in egg, then in bread crumbs, and fry it! I've also eaten Eggplant Parmesan--try the internet for a recipe for that!