Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oops

I was attempting to explain to my eighth grade science students why ancient people spent a lot of time on the roofs of their homes at night, studying the stars and the sky. I said "Remember, they didn't have TV to watch." Then, in an attempt to include electronic games in the explanation, I said "Nor could they take to the roof their. . .and I accidently combined the two words "playstations" and "gameboys." I suspect I was the subject of some conversation at more than one supper table last night.

6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

you were mentioned in our car on the way to revival. =)

Ann said...

Tell your folks just to consider the source! :-)

Barbara H. said...

It took me a second -- :-).

Bet said...

Nice start to your school year, Ann. ;-) We'll see what crazy thing I say today on our first day.

I'm still here. I know you were wondering. I'll get my act together at some point. I promise.

rk2 said...

And to think that's probably not the worst that has been said in your classroom! I made many of my own mis-statements through the years as well.

Your mother said...

My biggest blooper that I can recall is that in a lecture on the digestive system, I said "New Testament" instead of "small intestine." The class howled and so did I.