Sunday, December 20, 2009

Joyful and Trionic

This morning before church, a little five-year-old boy was waxing eloquent about something to his mother, and she and I were chuckling about how five-year-olds think they have all the answers.

Then in church, we sang "O Come, All Ye Faithful," and I couldn't help but remember another five-year-old boy who loved Christmas carols and who would sing at the top of his lungs, "Joyful and Trionic!" He was adamant that that was right. Nothing we said could convince him otherwise. So he happily "joyful and trionic-ed" his way through the Christmas season. I think God must have been pleased.

3 comments:

rk2 said...

This reminds me of the 4 or 5-year old boy belting out "Rice paid a debt. . ." and insisting it was "RICE!!!"

rk2 said...

This reminds me of the 4 or 5-year old boy belting out "Rice paid a debt. . ." and insisting it was "RICE!!!"

Lizupatree said...

sending up prayers for both Kathryn and Stan...