Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Nice Surprise

When you have a near-Christmas birthday you learn early in life that it often gets overshadowed, particularly in a school situation. People are thinking about Christmas parties, programs, shopping, etc. That's just the way it is and you learn to live with it.

Therefore it was a nice surprise when my sponsor class, the juniors, pulled one over on me today, and brought to sponsor time a wonderful strawberry cream cake (from the Sweetery, which any local knows is the top bakery around here), a Willow Tree figurine, and a very nice signed card. I have that group for two classes before sponsor time, and not one of them let it slip that they knew it was my birthday. I figured they forgot or didn't realize it. But they didn't, and I very much enjoyed the little party.

4 comments:

Bet said...

Very sweet! It's nice to be remembered...and a surprise is even better! Happy Birthday.

Ann said...

Thank you Bet! I miss your blog updates!

The Whitmires said...

Happy Birthday! Love those strawberry cakes!

Barbara H. said...

That was sweet! Happy Birthday!!