Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Massachusetts Revolution

I have had a hard time not keeping my eyes glued to television and internet coverage of yesterday's historic election in Massachusetts. This Scott Brown has so perfectly captured the mood of the country in response to the tin-eared health care legislation, cap-and-trade, economic legislation, and so more to come out of the agenda of the Obama White House and the Congress. He is so right. That Senate seat was NOT Ted Kennedy's seat. The Democrats did not own it. It belongs to the people. Obama's line about "Forget the truck. Anybody can buy a truck," and then Brown's answer: "Mr. President, unfortunately, in this economy not everyone can buy a truck." - the perfect response.

If Obama does not scale back some of this self-righteous legislation that is going to bring down our country economically, he is either more stupid or more arrogant than I thought. I realize that he's the sitting president and I don't say that disrespectfully. But if he does not change, and Congress does not change, there will be much more of this kind of voting come November.

I have been praying, as have many others, that the health care reforms would be defeated and that the Obama economic agenda would be stopped. It's a joy to see a David vs. Goliath scenario be the possible answer to that prayer.

1 comment:

Lizupatree said...

I am so behind you on this! That man is an egomaniacal loose cannon. I am afraid of what he is doing to this country. Sigh...