Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Old Friend, Sick Daughter, and Olympics

Where has the time gone? All of a sudden three days are gone and I haven't posted anything.

So often I have thoughts that would make good posts, but am nowhere near a computer or am in the middle of something more pressing - then the idea escapes me. A sign of middle age, old age, too many things on my mind, or something worse?!

Sunday night, Andrew got to spend the night at the home of a very dear post-college friend. She and her husband hosted the entire team for the night and didn't realize until having committed to keep the team that one of the members was my son. They all had such a good time; Andrew called that night and I had a good talk with both him and my friend. It's interesting how much two old friends can pack into a ten-minute phone talk, especially when our children are at the same stage in life. She is a Godly woman with great insight and is a wise speaker and writer. She's an inspiration.

ML has been sick at school with a bad cold. I sent her a box with Bryon - started to just send her a bag with cold medicine, then ended up adding a bottle of pineapple juice, a box of kleenex, some snacks - and it turned into a full box of stuff. Got to keep those care packages going over there. I remember how hard it can be to get everything done for classes when you don't feel well - and she's got three art classes, so is especially busy. She's a very diligent student.

Mike and I have been enjoying the Olympics, watching at least some every evening. We think that the blue lines painted on the snow look amateurishly done, and that Bob Costas has a bad dye job. Other than that we give our approval!

1 comment:

Ada said...

Did you know that Bob Costas is married to a former El Paso HS graduate?