Saturday, April 24, 2010

Severe Weather

Very serious weather conditions in the southeast today. I've been following the Weather Channel very closely. Even though the current activity is still three states away, it's headed this way - and will pass through my folks' state soon.

The horrible tornadoes of 1974 profoundly affected me, and I guess will always make the "personal radar" go up when there is severe weather on the horizon.

I am very thankful for the wonderful forecasting methods available today that were not available back then.

2 comments:

rk2 said...

The national weather guy this morning kept talking about "strong tornadoes" throughout the southeast today. That seemed redundant to me. Does it you?

Ann said...

There is a big difference in strength in an F1 and an F5 tornado.