Saturday, May 1, 2010

Desk!!!

I have a desk!!!!!

I have needed one for a long, long time. It's not perfect - it's actually not in very good condition and really could use refinishing; however, an hour with Old English liquid for fixing gouges and scratches really helped. It's solid wood - Mike thinks pine because there are some small holes that look like a child dug into it. But it's not laminate, even in the back, and not veneered, so it can be refinished at some point. And - it cost $5! It was originally $10, and when the man having the sale saw that I was serious about it, said "You can have it for $5 if you want."

So now I have a place to pay bills, grade papers, work on the computer, write, and just headquarter all my paper "stuff." An added benefit - I can see birds at the birdbath, the resident chipmunk making messes, and the cardinals that appear to have built a nest in the bush right outside the window.
And if we do find a really antique desk, we won't exactly be out a lot of money. :-)

2 comments:

rk2 said...

Nice. I have a guy here who refinishes furniture very nice for a more than reasonable price if you want to come visit for a few days this summer!!! : )

Barbara H. said...

That looks really nice!