Monday, September 13, 2010

Super-Easy Mexican Dip

Today I stopped in the seniors' calculus class, held in the school/church conference room right outside the school office so that their teacher (the administrator) is available if needed. Since it's the conference room, and they're seniors taking a difficult class, he lets them bring food from time to time - and they do. I stopped in today to ask the boss a question, and they offered me a taste of their Mexican dip and Tostitos.

I asked for the recipe, and it's really, really easy. I've made Mexican dip recipes in the past that had about a dozen layers and lots to do. So this was impressively simple:

MEXICAN DIP

16 oz. sour cream
16 oz. cream cheese
1 pkg. taco seasoning
cheese, chopped tomatoes, green peppers, or anything else you like.

Mix the first three, put in a 13x9 Pyrex pan, and sprinkle the cheese and extras on the top! Very good. (It ought to be with all that sour cream and cream cheese. But lower-fat options could be used.)

1 comment:

Bet said...

Yum! This sounds like something I would like to make. And not quite as bad, as you say, with the lower-fat ingredients.