Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday Misc.

- Went to our school play last night. The new director did a wonderful job and has taken our school play to a new level. The difference in the two of us: If I had been directing, he would have been sitting in the audience just itching to be involved. With him directing - I sat in the audience and was thankful that it was him and not me!

I told our administrator some time ago that I would not be unhappy if he wanted to bring somebody else on for the speech and drama. I was strictly an interim person, and though it was enjoyable at the time, it is not missed in this corner.

- Am recuperating on a "two steps forward, one step back" routine. Although the last 24 hours have been more of a "one step forward, two steps back" time.

- I keep reading from family members, on blog and Facebook, etc., about all the lovely snow they've received in central Illinois. All we got here was a cold, dreary rain. Bleahh.

- I'm sitting here in the La-Z-Boy (it feels really good these days) watching Auburn pummel USC. I have to call Mike with each score change - but after the last one he said he's ready for me not to call unless it's good news. Right now it looks like that means there won't be many more calls. He manages to have to work during all these big games.

- I had to forfeit going with the quartet tomorrow due to illness. Hated to do that.

3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I know that feeling of enjoying a ministry but feeling it's definitely time for someone else to take it over.

Earlier today they were forecasting snow here for tomorrow. I don't know if they still are. It's been rainy all day here, too -- we were supposed to get our Christmas tree today but it was too wet.

Hope you feel better soon!

Cleve said...

Surely you have a VCR or DVD recorder?? Get poor Mike a recorder so he can watch the games in full when he gets home! (Just don't tell him the outcome til he watches it)

Ann said...

Long story about the VCR/DVD recorder. But even if I do get it recorded, he can't stand to wait to find out. And after yesterday's blowout, he was kinda glad I hadn't gotten it recorded!